The Ascension of Christ
- The resurrection body of the Lord Jesus Christ went from
a point just outside Jerusalem all the way to the third heaven.
- Once He arrived in heaven, Jesus Christ was seated at the
right hand of God the Father. This is called His Session. Ps.
110:1; Rom. 8:34; Eph. 1:20; Col. 3:1; Heb. 1:3,13: 8:1; 10:12;
12:2; I Pet. 3:22.
- The Ascension and Session of Christ form the basis for His
total victory in the conflict with Satan. Heb. 1:3-13.
- The Ascension and Session of Christ begin a new phase in
this conflict. Eph. 1:20-22; 4:7ff. Therefore, the believer of
the church age is involved in the intensified stages of this
warfare. Eph. 6, the armor of God.
- The Ascension and Session of Christ are the beginning of
the march to victory culminating in the crushing of the head
of Satan, when Satan is made the footstool of Christ. This is
prophesied in Psalm 110:1 and quoted in Luke 20:42,43; Acts 2:33,34;
- The crushing of the head of Satan, representing his final
defeat, will take place at the Second Advent of Christ, Dan.
7:13,14; Zech. 13:2; Col. 2:15; Rev. 20:1-3.
- The Ascension and Session of Christ completes the glorification
of Christ in His hypostatic union. Acts. 2:33; 5:31; Phil. 2:9;
I Pet. 3:22.
- The Ascension and Session of Christ explain the uniqueness
of the Church Age and the importance of having a royal family,
- The Ascension and Session of Christ make possible the second
high-priestly function of our Lord, namely, intercession. Heb.
See also Topic: RESURRECTION